NORTH CIRCULAR CHESS LEAGUE
1. The League shall be called the "North Circular Chess League".
2. The object of the League shall be to encourage the practice of chess in every way.
3. The League shall affiliate to the English Chess Federation.
4. The Officers of the League shall be its Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary, Tournament Director and Grader, who together with two other members shall form the League Management Committee ("LMC") responsible for the management of the League. Four members shall form a quorum.
5. The LMC shall appoint annually delegates to the English Chess Federation. The LMC may delegate such powers to any Sub-committee it considers appropriate.
6. The LMC and Sub-committees shall have power to co-opt non-voting members.
7. The Annual General Meeting ("AGM") of the League shall be held in the first week in September or as near this time as possible for the following purposes:
a) The presentation of reports on the season’s activities and an audited statement of the accounts for the financial period ended 30th June.
b) To determine the subscriptions and affiliation fees for the ensuing year.
c) The election of Officers for the ensuing year.
d) The election of two other Members to serve on the LMC for the ensuing year.
e) The appointment of an Auditor.
f) The transaction of business shown on the agenda and other business, which may arise.
A quorum shall comprise eight persons entitled to attend. Not less than fourteen days prior to the date arranged, notice of the meeting and the agenda shall be circulated to Members of the LMC and Secretaries of the affiliated clubs. Any items for inclusion on the agenda for the AGM to be submitted in writing to the Secretary on or before the 31st July.
8. The following shall be entitled to attend and vote at the AGM:
a) Members of the LMC.
b) Two members of each affiliated club.
On all matters voting shall be on the basis of one vote for each person present and entitled to vote, irrespective of the fact that a person may attend in more than one capacity. In the event of a tie, the Chairman of the meeting shall have a second and casting vote.
9. A Special General Meeting of the League shall be called by the Secretary at the instruction of the LMC or within thirty days of written requisition from no less than three affiliated clubs, stating clearly the nature of the business to be transacted. No other business may be considered. Circulation of the notice of the meeting, quorum and voting rights shall be the same as for an AGM.
10. This constitution shall not be altered except by two-thirds of votes cast at an AGM or Special General Meeting of the League convened for the purpose. Notice of any proposed alteration or addition for discussion at an AGM shall be given to the Secretary in writing before 31st July and included in the agenda.
Adopted September 1995
Amended 1998, 2000, 2002, 2007 and 2010